Ok, so I have been having just the weirdest problems with this particular post. Like THE weirdest most random and frustrating problems ever... I have been trying to get it to work and it just won't! Hopefully it works now! *Crosses fingers*
Anyway! It seems that in the frantic flurry of crap I have to do before this semester ends I completely missed the wonderful award that Miss Gretchen at GretchTM so graciously bestowed upon me! GretchTM is a blog that I have found myself completely enamored with as of late, so if it weren't GretchTM awarding me this, she would definitely be on my list of 15.
It is the One Lovely Blog Award, and just look at that little icon... it's so girly and pretty, and, well, lovely!
Now for the rules...
1. I need to link back to the person who passed me this award... Check!
2. Share seven random things about myself... See below.
3. Award 15 blogs... Also see below.
4. Drop them a note to tell them about it... I will do this... soonish, promise!
Seven Random Things by Alex
1. These people down the street from me have a zebra, two llamas, two ponies and two goats living in their front yard. This isn't about me, really, but they have a freaking ZEBRA!
2. One time, after finals my first semester as an engineering major, I decided to treat myself and buy this pair of Miss Sixty jeans I'd been eying (spell check says that's right, but I don't believe it) at the mall. I went in, walked right to where they were in the store, bought them and left taking no more than fifteen minutes and when I walked out I discovered my car, my perfect in every way dream car, a champion white, 5-speed, 1994 Acura Integra GSR (NOT LS with V-tech, but a GSR) was stolen. I miss that pretty little girl, she was so fast and clean and every Integra I've seen since then just pales in comparison!
3. My favorite candy is any variety of M&M's (except for maybe coconut, I can take or leave those).
4. I want to be a professor at a research university when I grow up. Can you still say "when I grow up" at almost 25?
5. My collection of jeans is worth over $6000, but I probably spent less than $500 total over the course of the last three or four years on jeans. Seriously, I know how to shop. That sounds obnoxious, but I don't mean it to be, it's just an irrefutable fact that I just require everything I purchase to be dirt cheap. As a good friend of mine used to tell me, "you just can't stop saving!"
6. I'm Polish and Italian.
7. My first car was a beautiful, gold 30 year old Mercedes, that got in so many accidents, and hit so many times in the parking lot by my dorm freshman year, that this is what it eventually looked like... I rocked that car for years with those stickers on it!
So there you have it. It's weird that two out of seven had to do with cars, sorry, next time I'll strive for greater diversity in my random facts!
Fifteen Lovely Blogs
No pressure to do this yourselves, of course, I just like giving due credit to the all of the wonderful blogs I frequent.
So I was planning on wearing something completely different today, but when I walked into my closet and saw this pharaoh print Motel top I got at Buffalo Exchange forever ago and have yet to wear, I knew I had no choice but to reschedule the other outfit.
I had a long night studying last night, in fact, I haven't been to bed yet, I just kept on trucking until my 8:30 a.m. appointment with my advisor. So I am a sleepy guy.
Dress: Urban Outfitters (Pins & Needles)
Scarf: thrifted years ago
Bracelets: Forever 21
Sandals: Dolce Vita
Bag: vintage Coach
Sun Glasses: Betsey Johnson
I make weird faces. In my defense I'm super tired so I'm seriously just staring off into space here... Aaaruuuugh?? *turns head to the side and blinks vacantly*
It's so windy out! I don't even want to think about what may or may not have made an appearance as my dress blew in the wind while I walked to school this morning. Oh good.
But that's no matter now, because muh mama is on a plane right now, that's right, a plane heading to Phoenix! Wooo! She and my stepdad are driving to Palm Springs for the rest of the week, and then they're coming back and spending three or four days in town. It's not a whole lot of time, but it will still be good to see her, and to shop of course.
Also, she will fiiiiiiinally get to meet Bahb! Hooray!
Alright, enough of this! I have to study more, fuss fuss fuss fuss fuss FUSS!
And I want to apologize that I'm really not bringing my blogging "A Game", as it were. I'm a trifle distracted with an inordinate amount of stupid school stuff. But summer will be here soon...
Have a wonderful day anyone who might read this :)