Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

Full disclosure here:  these pictures are from yesterday.  Today I am home sick... blech...

So this is basically as close to lab appropriate as I get.  I have on pants and closed-toed shoes... we're good to go!  I am so used to having to first change into pants or put leggings under my dresses or switch out my adorable strappy shoes for a pair of beat oxfords I keep constantly at school, that it was very strange to be able to walk right into the lab!

Fashion and function so very rarely collide for me.  


So although fall in Phoenix isn't like the fall some of you lucky gals are enjoying, I'm still fully interested in pretending, and found myself looking up yummy soup recipes during some down time at school yesterday.  I found a tomato soup recipe on Delightfully Tacky that sounded doable as well as delicious and that was, uhhh, that.  I was sold.  The rest of my day was spent dreaming of soup makin'.

As soon as I got home from school I dragged my roommate to the grocery store and we began. Two hours later (counting grocery shopping and driving time, the soup itself took like 20 minutes) we were happy as two bugs in a rug eating our amazing tomato soup and watching the new Bridezillas.


Chiffony Tank Top: Collective Concepts
Jeans: BDG (Urban Outfitters)
Socks: I just have no idea at this point...
Shoes: Dolce Vita
Sunglasses: Ray Bans

That evening, after I had dropped some of the soup off at Bahb's, I started to feel a little sick. I was getting a little nauseous and started to get that feeling like I'd been beaten with a bat all over and even though I had a ton of reading to do for school, I laid down and immediately fell asleep.

At 4:30 a.m. I woke up to go to work, but my nausea had only gotten worse, and I was running a fever. So it was back to bed I went... although, who the fuck am I kidding, it was 4:30 a.m., it wasn't going to take much to get me back in bed.


So here I am, laying under a whole bunch of blankies, feeling an enormous amount of guilt for not being at work or school!

On an unrelated note, I was just on the phone with my dad, and I was telling him how I'd made tomato soup last night, and without skipping a beat he said "That's great, Al, you finally learned how to use the can opener!"  Haha, oh Dad...

Anyway, I really do need to try to stay awake and do some school work.  Have great days anyone who sees this!

6 comments:

  1. loving your neon socks!

    http://www.mythriftychic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you're feeling sick - that blows. But I LOVE your red patterned sheer top, it's super cute.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my sweety-sweety,

    Thx so much for your lovely comment and visit.

    Gladly follow you already.

    Adore your love. esp that neon socks :)

    Many kisses,

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! I'm living in phx as well and I can't tell you how ready I am for fall weather! love your top and distressed denim.
    xo, elle from Living in Color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, being sick at an ungodly hour like 4:30am is the worst. I hope you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit, sad to hear you're so sick though! That doesn't sound fun at all :( Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...